Sunday, August 4, 2013

A New Horse in the Stable

I have been itching for a pellet pistol for quite some time now. I love my rifles but with the 48 I really have to stretch way out there in order to get much of a challenge going on. This has been my main motivation in getting a pellet pistol; I want a challenge again. Now, being as how I'm doing a series on different power plants, I decided I would branch out a little bit past my typical piston guns this time.

I had earned myself a new toy this summer through a series of favors for my significant other and she had every intention of buying me something nice. I originally was looking at a Beeman P1 or a P2. From what I understand both are amazing pistols and I fully intend to own both one day, but I got to thinking. I really enjoy tinkering with things and there are few pistols which have the same aftermarket parts support as the cheaper old school Crosmans. The 13xx, 22xx, 24xx, etc.. etc.. series of pistols not only share many parts with one another but also have after market and cult followings that would make L. Ron Hubbard green with envy.

Now I had a decision to make, should I go CO2 or Multipump? Typically Im all about a self sustaining platform but the C02 concept was sounding nice, no pumping, no priming, no pushing or pulling? Hmmm.... I gave it some serious thought and ultimately went with a Crosman 1377. Heres why, as previously mentioned I like self sustaining platforms, there was another reason though. The other big one was for you guys. I created this blog/website/wtf ever to help people like me who can't really afford to shoot anymore. Now sure, my girlfriend would have bought me the P1 or P2, and truth be told she was rather set on it (she's pretty awesome by the way if you hadn't got that already), but that wouldn't do you guys any good would it? That wold really just make me an asshole; bitching about expensive bullets but plinking with a 400 dollar air pistol. Hypocritical much?

So heres what I've decided to do. Im going to review the 1377 in its stock form. I'm going to give you the ins, the outs, the good, the bad, and probably some ugly. Afterwards I'm going to go full bore ape shit on it, chemical etching (look for a how to guide for this coming up by the way), flat top piston and valve, new sights, new grips, spring guides, steel breech, the works. I intend to not only show you how to do these things but explain some of the motivation behind why I'm doing them as I go along. My kick ass lady woman decided that she would get me parts for my new pistol instead of buying me an expensive one... sooo... I still get a super nice tricked out pistol, just in a bit of a round about way.

This way, I win, you win, and she already won a few times so everyones happy. Look for a review coming up, oh! I bought a digital camera too, it was on clearance for dirt cheap and I couldn't pass it up, so hopefully you'll be getting some better pictures from me once I get the little devil figured out.

As always, stay safe and keep it classy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't mind some vulgarity, but inappropriate comments, attacks, and general ignorance are not things I tolerate. I encourage discussion and debate, I don't much care for hissy man fights. If I feel your not contributing to the education of others or the betterment of the website, you will be removed from it. Other than that, have fun and give me some feedback!