Monday, November 25, 2013

What to do with all these pellet tins?

I am going through a reorganization/ long term storage period with my pellets which involves me putting them into pill vials with oxygen eaters in them. In turn I have quite a few pellet tins hanging around now. I've been trying to come up with something to do with all of them and I think I just did. I made my first beer can alcohol stove tonight and was VERY impressed with the results. I had boiling water in only a few minutes using nothing but corn whiskey for fuel. I intend on making a few versions of these alcohol stoves from empty beer cans first and then I will start making them out of pellet tins.

The power in my area has a tendency of going out fairly often in the winter and I immediately thought how nice it would be to be able to have a hot meal when the power inevitably goes out in my apartment this year. The pellet tins are quite a bit thicker so they should last longer and be able to hold up pots and pans much more easily. I will post some pictures and thoughts as I go along. I hope everyone out there had a good weekend!

Stay safe and keep it classy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't mind some vulgarity, but inappropriate comments, attacks, and general ignorance are not things I tolerate. I encourage discussion and debate, I don't much care for hissy man fights. If I feel your not contributing to the education of others or the betterment of the website, you will be removed from it. Other than that, have fun and give me some feedback!