Sunday, November 3, 2013

The 1377

Ok, the 1377 and I have a bit of a love hate relationship. I posted a rage bit a few days ago and have since taken it off this site. I will say though that despite my mood there were several things in that post that I still agree with. First and foremost, Crosman has trashy screws. This wasn't a big deal through most of the build since I could replace them, but in the final steps the one screw I cannot find a replacement for stripped on me. That was the screw responsible for holding the breech and main tube together, so it was pretty paramount that I be able to easily remove that screw. I did manage to get it out with the help of a friend and now its resized to 1.5mm instead of .5mm. Its not an ideal situation but its the only solution I had until I can get a new screw in there.

The second thing I still feel strongly about is this; if you want a super nice air pistol, just buy one. I built this pistol from scratch as a project, I don't see myself doing it again. Its a fun pistol and I really like the way it turned out, but the headache involved just isn't worth it. I would recommend getting a Beeman P1, P3, or P5 if your looking for a nice air pistol. The next air pistol I get will more than likely be one of those three, a Webley Alecto, or a Weihrauch HW 75. The Crosman pistols do clean up nice and they are crazy accurate for the price, but they just don't use the same quality of materials that Beeman, Weihrauch, and Webley do.

I will be posting pictures of the 1377 and as much of the building process as I can muster, but don't count on many build pics until I can get a good reliable screw for the main tube/ breech connection.

Before


After


As always, stay safe and keep it classy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't mind some vulgarity, but inappropriate comments, attacks, and general ignorance are not things I tolerate. I encourage discussion and debate, I don't much care for hissy man fights. If I feel your not contributing to the education of others or the betterment of the website, you will be removed from it. Other than that, have fun and give me some feedback!