Saturday, August 10, 2013

If Its Not One Thing...

Ok so as anyone who has read this blog with any regularity knows, I have a Crosman 1377. What you may not know is that its fairly heavily modded at this point and more mods are rolling in daily courtesy of my significant other. So my project with it is nearing completion and I have got to tell you, if its not one thing it has always been another with this pistol. I guess I pissed it off when I dipped it in acid and from that point on it was out to get me.

On the acid note, I would highly recommend anyone who acid etch a Crosman gun clear coat that joker. I didn't initially since so many of the parts available for it are polished (polished off the blueing) that was a mistake. I noticed some rusting and had to strip the gun back down, sand it all down, polish it again and then clear coat it. On a positive note the etching looks even cooler, almost like ghost graffiti all over the main tube. While I had it apart I decided to polish my valve stem, also a mistake, I took off a little too much material and now it doesn't seal. This isn't huge deal since I planned on putting in a flat top valve anyway but the discovery that the pistol no longer seals was followed by the discovery that I had lost a very important rubber grommet in my haste to disassemble the parts and get them stripped and clear coated.

This project has fought me every step of the way which is why I haven't posted any pictures or how to's at all as was my original intent. Oh well. It will come together come hell or high water. I will show you the end product and then elaborate from there if need be.

As always, stay safe and keep it classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't mind some vulgarity, but inappropriate comments, attacks, and general ignorance are not things I tolerate. I encourage discussion and debate, I don't much care for hissy man fights. If I feel your not contributing to the education of others or the betterment of the website, you will be removed from it. Other than that, have fun and give me some feedback!